Solve unique problems
Our departments are solving some of the hardest technical challenges in the world of online grocery. Here are only a few examples:
- Building a world leading, cloud-based e-commerce, fulfillment and logistics platform for grocery retailers around the world
- Developing a traffic management solution to simultaneously control thousands of crates around tens of km of conveyor with an astronomical number of different routes
- Creating the cloud-based analytics and communications protocols to oversee the operation of thousands of robots in real time
- Designing robots that can build the most advanced automated warehouses for online grocery or that can pick grocery items without damaging them
- Simulating and emulating the behaviour of the most complex, automated and sophisticated warehouses for online grocery fulfillment
- Designing user interfaces to enable customers to shop for 50 items in just a few minutes
- Processing the data from thousands of van routes each day so as to predict the best routes for the vans to drive tomorrow
Work with the latest technologies
We work with a wide range of languages, frameworks and technologies, and the list is evolving all the time to meet new demands.
Each team works together to decide which technologies will best help them achieve their goals. We've highlighted a few in this gif but it's by no means exhaustive. If you're curious about a particular technology, search on the jobs page or get in touch at email@example.com
We champion a values-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to create a working environment that people love to be in. We have five values that we believe foster the best team dynamics and have a tangible impact on our employees' day-to-day lives.
Trust - the foundation of great teamwork is being able to depend on and support the people around you, knowing that you’re working towards a common goal.
Autonomy - we encourage our team members to do everything they can to create autonomy for the people around them by sharing skills and information, so everyone can help drive our great products from development to done.
Craftsmanship - we believe in creating high-quality products, knowing it will not only improve our customers’ experience, but save us time in the long term if it doesn’t need fixing or rewriting. We place great importance on the continued development of our team members’ skills, doing all we can to foster growth.
Collaboration - at the heart of great tech work is strong creative collaboration. We believe the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and encourage group decision-making to reach the best outcomes.
Learn Fast - derived from the term “fail fast”, we believe in an agile way of working with an emphasis on fast feedback loops, continuous improvement, and experimentation. We encourage everyone to try out new things and when experiments fail or succeed, we learn from it and share that learning.
We know that top notch creative thinking can’t happen solidly throughout the working day and appreciate how short, focused breaks refocus the mind. That’s why we promote a relaxed working environment with a variety of different recreational activities available in our offices. Everything from table tennis in Krakow, to table football in Hatfield, to a console built from a Raspberry Pi in Barcelona, to name just a few.
Mixing all these things together creates the driven but laid-back culture that makes Ocado Technology a great place to work.
The Ocado Technology Academy provides all the information employees need regarding learning and development, from a comprehensive learning and development framework to lists of courses and conferences that are available, free access to ebooks, and more! We also have a packed schedule of events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers.