We opened Sofia, Ocado Technology’s fourth development centre, at the end of 2015. Since then we have started developing a number of business critical products, including our Store Pick front end, robotic systems and many more.
5 fun facts about Sofia
- Pronounce the city correctly – emphasise the first syllable, not the last!
- Our oldest building is the tiny church of St. George, parts of which were built by the Romans as a public bath
- The city centre is known as 'Yellow Bricks' after the paving, which was created near Budapest over 100 years ago
- The first subway station took over 30 years to construct due to the sheer number of archeological finds
- You'll eat very well here – the local cuisine is a blend of Middle Eastern and Greek influences
Richard, Head of Ocado Technology Sofia
Sofia is a vibrant city with a very skilled tech community, so it was really exciting to move here in 2015 and set up the Ocado Technology development office. I’m really proud of the team we’ve put together: they’re passionate, smart, and hard-working, and consistently achieve great results no matter the challenge they’re set.
We’re looking to grow the team with a number of specialists in areas such as: Robotics; Simulation; Store Pick; Base Station Controller using technologies such as Java; Scala; Akka; Android; AWS; Spring; Hibernate.
- Health insurance
- Food vouchers
- Flexible social benefits (fuel vouchers, life insurance etc)
- Special offers and discounts on services and brands
- 25 days paid annual leave
- Socials every Thursday
- Yearly team building
- Monthly training program inc. meet-ups, soft skills and technical training
- Language lessons