Hatfield is the Ocado Technology headquarters, located a short trip away from central London and right next to our first automated warehouse. We work closely with our colleagues in Ocado Engineering and Ocado.com, so being onsite allows us to be part of the action.
We’re the biggest Ocado Technology office by far, with hundreds of employees, and have recently moved into a new building to allow us space to grow even further. We’re expanding rapidly as we build our expertise in areas as diverse as robotics, data science, and automation.
5 fun facts about Hatfield
- From Hatfield station, you can be in Kings Cross (central London) in just 20 minutes
- Hatfield had a buzzing aerospace industry in the 1940s and 1950s, and the famous de Havilland Mosquitos were built here during WW2
- Elizabeth I was said to be sitting under an oak at Hatfield House in 1558 when she learned she would become Queen of England and Ireland
- The land around our warehouse was used for filming Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers
- Famous British movie director Guy Ritchie was born in Hatfield
Anne Marie, Chief Operations Officer
Over the years I’ve worked here, our Hatfield main office has grown massively and we’ve recently moved into a new, modern building. We’ve been very conscious to ensure that, as we grow, we maintain a friendly, innovative environment. Diversity is a really important part of that, so we’re proud of the many nationalities we have working here – over 40 at the last count.
I love that even though we’re a large division now, it still feels like a young company, with sociable and close-knit teams and lots of creative thinking.
- Monthly socials
- 15% Ocado.com discount + free deliveries
- Discounts on Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled
- Discount at local retailers, gyms and theme parks etc
- Interest-free season ticket loan for the train
- Free shuttle to and from the station
- Share plans such as 'buy as you earn'
- 23 days annual leave (before bank holidays) increasing to 25 after 3 years of service
- Life assurance, private medical insurance and generous pension schemes