Ocado Technology Barcelona opened in early 2016, and since then we’ve been growing rapidly to over 75 people. We have many software development teams working on a wide range of products, from Ocado’s award-winning mobile apps to key retail systems for our revolutionary OSP platform.
We are serious about developing great products and have a great team of product owners, designers and engineers, working together in collaborative agile teams to produce them. When it's time for a break, we also have a very competitive table football league, and we love to grab lunch together and socialise, both in our spacious office kitchen and out in the city.
We have big ambitions for this centre, and will be developing more and more new software products here for the Ocado Smart Platform over the next few years, playing a crucial role in Ocado’s ambitions to become the technology partner for the world’s leading grocery retailers. To this end we intend to double the size of our team by the end of 2019.
Such rapid growth makes the centre an exciting place to work, but also a place where everyone needs to be comfortable with change. We pay close attention to our culture and values as we expand to make sure that while what we work on may change and evolve, the way we do it is consistent, and our collaborative, continuous improvement culture is maintained.
5 fun facts about Barcelona
- We have people from 15 different countries working here
- Our official language is English, but you'll hear many languages around the office
- If you split Barcelona into 3 parts you get:
- BAR - Pub
- CEL - Sky
- ONA- Wave
- ...Which describes Barcelona perfectly
- Barcelona topped the National Geographic's 'Top Ten Beach Cities' list
- ...But our 5 beaches did not exist before the 1992 Summer Olympics – they were created especially
Cliff, Head of Ocado Technology Barcelona
Barcelona is a great city to work in, and I’m very proud of the office that we have created here. We have a really international team with a wide range of experience working on some of Ocado’s most interesting software products. With just over 75 people, we already cover 15 nationalities and a lot of different professional backgrounds, and that diversity is a real strength.
Our office is a creative, vibrant place to work making Ocado Technology Barcelona one of the best companies in Barcelona to work for.
- Shorter office hours in August (9am-3pm) and finish early on Fridays.
- 23 days annual leave (25 after 3 years)
- €81 monthly restaurant card
- Private health insurance
- Monthly socials
- Language lessons